The Archaeological Heritage in the Arab World: Challenges and Solutions
4-6 April 2016
The 2nd international conference of the Faculty of Archaeology (Fayoum University, Egypt)
The Arab League drafted a resolution for the protection of cultural heritage at the conference.
According to the conference website, the themes were:
1- Challenges and threads of the Arab archaeological heritage
- Wars and Conflicts.
- Revolutions and Security instability.
- Economic development challenges.
- Weakness of Public awareness.
- Natural and Environmental Threads.
- Wrong restoration treatments.
- Nonintegrated site management.
- Risks of Political exploitation.
- Incompatible use of monuments.
2- The attitudes of Islam and Islamic scientists towards the antiquities.
- The Quran and antiquities.
- The Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad and antiquities.
- The antiquities in the Islamic doctrine books.
- Facing of religious extremism of the antiquities.
- The literature heritage and antiquities.
3- Solutions for preservation of the archeological heritage.
- Updating the academic courses.
- Funding resources.
- Management of archaeological sites and museums.
- Conservation, habilitation and reuse.
- Heritage legalizations.
- Roles of society and media for raising public awareness.
- Registration and documentation.
- Scientific Publication.
Details and the call for papers can be downloaded as as pdf here.
The programme is available in arabic here: programme (2)
1 – the ministers of Antiquities and Awqaf
2 – the president of the Arab league
3 – the director of the library of Alexandaria
4 – the director of UNESCO in Cairo
5 – the ICOM office in Cairo
6 – the Mufti of Egypt
7 – Imams from Azher
8 – the president of ISESCO ( http://www.isesco.org.ma/)
9 – Zahi Hawass