Conference: International Syrian Congress on Archaeology and Cultural Heritage
3-6 December 2015
Rotana Gefinor Hotel, Beirut, Lebanon
Although a primarily archaeological conference, some talks will adress the status of sites during and after the conflict.
- Francis Pinnock, Sapienza University of Rome (Italy): The Archaeological Park of Ebla. A Long-Term Plan for the Site and its Region
- Dominique Bonatz, Freie Universität Berlin (Germany): Tell Fekheriye/Ras el-Ain in Northeastern Syria: A Short Report on the Archaeological Site and its Neighboring Town Before and After the Political Crisis
- Giorgio Buccelati /represented by Samer Abdel Ghafour - DGAMS (Syria) Cotsen Institute of Archaeology, University of California, Los Angeles and IIMAS, The International Institute for Mesopotamian Area: Studies Tell Mozan,ancient Urkesh: Widening the Chronological Spectrum in the Past and Safeguarding (USA) the Site for the Future
- Mathilde Gelin CNRS-‐IFPO (France): Qalaat al-Mudiq, citadel of Apamea: past and present
- Special Session: Thinking Future of Syrian Cultural Heritage
Othr talks may well cover the sites in conflict, but it is not clear from the titles.
The full program is available here: ISCACH (Beirut 2015) PROGRAM